An overdraft occurs when you do not have sufficient available funds in your account to cover an item, but, as a convenience to you, Community Banks of Colorado pays the item anyway.
Overdraft Privilege comes with eligible accounts as part of our standard overdraft practices. We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to another checking, savings, money market, or line of credit, which may be less expensive than Overdraft Privilege. Please see below for a further description of these overdraft services.
Under Overdraft Privilege Standard Coverage (if your account qualifies), we will consider authorizing and paying overdrafts for checks, ACH and certain other transactions. We will charge you our standard overdraft fee of $35 for each item paid that overdraws your account up to the total overdraft limit.1 (Daily $5 continuous overdraft fees may apply if the account is overdrawn 5 business days or more.2)
Overdraft Privilege Standard Coverage applies to the following transactions:
- ACH-automatic debits (e.g. your monthly electric bill)
- Recurring debit card payments
- Bill Bay items
- Online & Mobile Banking transfers
- Telephone transfers
- Teller transactions and all other debit transactions
For consumer accounts, unless you have opted in to Overdraft Privilege Extended Coverage, we generally do not authorize and pay ATM and everyday debit card transactions that would overdraw your Account. If you want us to authorize and pay ATM and every day debit card transactions that would overdraw your account, your consent is needed to “Opt In” to Overdraft Privilege Extended Coverage. ATM and every day debit card transactions may be declined at the time of purchase if you are not enrolled in Extended Coverage and do not have sufficient funds. Simply contact us through one of the following channels to see how you can get started with Extended Coverage:
- Call us at the number on the back of your debit card
- Log in to online banking, choose “Customer Service” from the top of the menu, then click “Change ATM/Debit Card Overdraft”
- Visit any banking center
- Complete the consent form and mail it to us at P.O. Box 2368, Kansas City, MO 64196
Overdraft Privilege is not a line of credit; it is a discretionary overdraft service that can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. With Overdraft Privilege, we pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
You can discontinue Overdraft Privilege in its entirety by contacting us at the number on the back of your debit card, signing into Online Banking or visiting a local banking center. Business accounts automatically have Overdraft Privilege Extended Coverage and may not select Overdraft Privilege Standard Coverage.
Overdraft Protection Plans
Our Overdraft Protection Plans help prevent overdrafts by automatically transferring funds to your checking account from another Bank Midwest account or a line of credit.
- Overdraft Protection Transfer Services. Optional “Overdraft Protection” is available to link a second account such as a checking, savings or money market account to your checking account to cover an overdraft in $100 increments. Transfers are subject to a $10 fee per transfer and transfers will be made in $100 increments (subject to remaining availability in the transferring account). We do not automatically link your accounts.
- Ready Cash Reserve. You may also choose to apply for “Ready Cash Reserve” a line of credit offered to qualified depositors to cover overdrafts (subject to availability under your credit limit). Transfers from a Ready Cash Reserve line of credit are subject to a $10 fee per transfer and transfers will be made in $100 increments. Interest charges may also apply. Subject to credit approval.
To learn more or to apply for an Overdraft Protection Plan, please contact us at the number on the back of your debit card or stop by a banking center.
Need more information? For more information about our Overdraft Protection Services, fees, and how to have Community Banks of Colorado authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, please click here to view details or visit your nearest banking center.