At Community Banks of Colorado, we enforce strong security procedures to help cautiously and thoroughly protect your information at all times. The confidentiality of your data is always at the forefront of everything we do.
We go to great lengths to regularly strengthen how we help protect your information from unauthorized access or use but you can actively protect yourself as well. Here are some quick tips to help you protect yourself from potential fraud:
1. Do not provide any of your information to an unsolicited caller. We will never call and ask you to share your Credit Card Verification (CCV) code, your credit or debit card number, or the expiration date on your card. With current technology, fraudsters are able to make themselves appear to be calling from a legitimate number so always be alert and aware.
2. We will never email or text you asking for your sensitive information. If you receive an email or text claiming to be Community Banks of Colorado and requesting sensitive information, do not reply, and delete the message immediately.
3. Due to breaches from other sources, some fraudsters might already have partial information on you. They will share some of that information with you to appear legitimate but be cautious. We will never disclose any account-related information over the phone, including account number, passwords, etc.
4. You may receive legitimate phone calls from our Fraud Management department; however, our teammates will only confirm transaction activity with you to ensure your sensitive information is protected.
5. Never send, open, or respond to emails that ask you to fill out a form with your personal information imbedded in the email. Make it a habit to always check who you are receiving an email from to make sure that the email is legitimate.
Check out our Security Center to learn more on how to protect yourself.
If you ever suspect fraudulent activity on your account, please do not hesitate to call your local banker, stop by a convenient banking center location, or call our Client Services & Solutions team at 877.877.0395.