Clear communication is at the root of any good relationship and because banking is such a highly regulated industry, we have to follow certain rules. Because our social media pages are public pages and anyone can participate, we cannot be responsible for views expressed other than our own.
We will encourage our fans to:
- Stay on topic, use common courtesy and be respectful of others
- Submit original content, and avoid content that they know to be fraudulent
- Not post anyone else’s copyrighted work unless they have permission
- Never post personal, identifying or confidential information
Social media is a great client service tool and when a client complains on social media channels like Twitter or Facebook, the client’s usual goal is to get the bank to respond. The client could have a simple complaint, or be so upset they want to make sure everyone knows they’re angry. In accordance with standard social media protocol, we will not delete a post from an unhappy client. By managing the response properly, we show our client, their friends and potentially the rest of the world that we stand behind our products and offer amazing client service.
Also in accordance with standard social media protocol, we will delete comments or posts that we deem to be:
- Profane, obscene, inappropriate, disruptive or unrelated to the post
- Indecent, sexually explicit or pornographic material of any kind — including masked profanity where symbols, initials, intentional misspellings or other characters are used to suggest profane language
- Threats; personal attacks; abusive, defamatory, derogatory, or inflammatory language; or stalking or harassment of any individual, entity or organization
- Discriminatory comments that contain hateful speech of any kind regarding age, gender, race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation or disability
- False, inaccurate, libelous or otherwise misleading in any way
- Spam, or containing or linking to any kind of virus, malware, spyware, or similar program that could cause harm to a user’s computer
- Client’s private information