Don’t let a hacker, fraudster or identity thief ruin your next vacation. Protect your wallet, valuables and personal financial information during your next trip by using some common since tools and tips.
What We Do to Protect You
- Provide Visa Zero Liability Policy on all credit and signature-based debit cards issued1
- Block certain types of card transactions (i.e., transactions over $500, online transactions)
- Restrict transactions to PIN or signature only
- Perform fraud monitoring
- Call the bank before your trip to notify it of your locations and dates of travel
- Review your transactions and statement periodically throughout your trip and when you return home
- Take a backup form of money should your primary card be declined, deactivated, etc.
- Maintain current information including phone numbers, email addresses and primary mailing address on file with the bank
- Call the number on the back of the card if there is a question about your account
- Word “Out of Office” email response messages generically
- Think before you post locations and information on social media
- Stop your mail, paper and other items that may collect outside of your residence
If you have received and/or entered information in response to a suspicious email, pop-up window, or phony website claiming to be affiliated with Community Banks of Colorado, call our Client Services and Solutions Specialists at 877.877.0395.
1The Visa Liability policy covers U.S.-issued cards only. Does not apply to ATM transactions, certain commercial card transactions, PIN or other transactions not processed by Visa. You must notify Community Banks of Colorado immediately of any unauthorized use. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please contact Community Banks of Colorado.