Mobile devices should be treated like your personal computer. The security on a mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet, has become increasingly important in protecting your personal and account information. The collection of an increasing amount of sensitive information through apps, communications, and operating systems puts the user at greater risk.
What We Do to Protect You
- Provide mobile apps that utilize the same authentication as your browser-based online banking
- Periodically update apps to utilize enhanced security features and allow for compatibility with new operating software
- Update mobile devices to the latest security protection
- Secure your mobile device with a PIN or passcode
- Check to make sure sites and apps are secure before performing transactions
- Don’t respond if you doubt the authenticity of the call, text or email (see Social Engineering for more info)
- Be aware of what is going on in the news with mobile devices and scams
- Don’t share your phone with others, especially those you don’t know
If you have received and/or entered information in response to a suspicious email, pop-up window, or phony website claiming to be affiliated with Community Banks of Colorado, call our Client Services and Solutions Specialists at 877.877.0395.