Identity theft occurs when someone uses your personal information, including date of birth, social security number or account numbers without your permission.
What We Do to Protect You
- Adhere to Customer Identification Program standards and requirements
- Ask targeted questions to validate identity when calling Client Services and Solutions for assistance
- Record calls made to Client Services and Solutions
- Offer Deluxe Provent ID Theft Protection1
- Don’t give out personal information on the phone, through the mail or over the internet unless you’ve initiated the contact or know who you are dealing with
- Leave your Social Security Card at home and limit what you carry in your wallet or purse
- Secure your financial documents and records in a safe place away from workers or others who may come into your home
- Keep your personal information secure online
- Review your credit report annually
- If you are a victim of identity theft:
- Immediately report identity theft or a breach of your personal identifying information (PII) from any company with whom you do business to your local authorities and to the bank. Contact our Client Services and Solutions Specialists at 877.877.0395 or your local banking center.
- Place a fraud alert on one of the three credit bureaus:
1Deluxe Provent ID Theft Protection is not automatically provided. Fees may apply based on account and services selected. For more information, please view our product page.